- God Is The Ultimate Creator - We believe that God created the heavens and the earth and all living things (Genesis 1-2). We believe that every one of us was created special and unique by God Himself, with our own set of abilities, gifts and callings. Because He personally created every person in His image, each of us has inestimable value.
- Creation Is Central To Life - We believe that the ability to create is a gift from God that is an essential part of our lives here on earth and in the life to come. God is the great Creator, and He made us to be like Him; therefore, the various forms of creativity like singing, dancing, acting, storytelling, drawing, painting, playing music, composing, cooking, gardening, and other means of creating, are more than just idle amusements, vague general learning opportunities, or crude tools to be used for our survival or enrichment. Instead, creativity is central to life as God intended.
- God Is Creating A New Life, A New Kingdom - We believe that God is building a new life, a new kingdom, with a place for all who choose to become a part of it. Jesus' sacrifice gives each of us access to become a part of that kingdom if we choose to accept it. When we make that choice, God works in us and in our lives to create new life in us. Everyone who is a part of God's kingdom has a role to play in it. We believe that God has created Chrysalis to act as a light in the darkness, shining the way towards that new life.
- We All Have Formational Journeys - We believe that each of us here on Earth goes through our own formational journey of personal development throughout our lives, which God uses to help those who follow Him to grow and become more like Him, and to become thriving parts of His kingdom.
- We All Face Challenges - We believe that various sources and forces present challenges to our formational journeys, including hatred, bullying, abuse, health challenges, temptations, etc, which can lead to tragic outcomes including brokenness, trauma, hatred, violence, self-loathing, depression, despair, addiction, self-harm, suicide, etc. With the right support we can get through these challenges and blossom and flourish, and these trials can even become powerful testimonies. But without the right support, these trials are more likely to turn into tragedies.
- We All Need Support Systems - We believe that God uses safe, nurturing creative learning experiences at places like Chrysalis to help people on their formational journeys, helping them to learn and grow, to face the challenges put in front of them, to heal from past hurts, to persevere and thrive, and to discover more and more what it is to be a child of God.