Facilities And Technology
- Chrysalis shall strive to provide opportunities for all youth who want them, regardless of their health situation, their physical abilities, their ability to pay, etc.
- Chrysalis shall strive to learn how to serve each unique student as best we can, in the way that each unique student needs to be served, in light of their particular abilities, needs, and challenges.
- Chrysalis shall strive to produce shows and classes that provide fair opportunities for our students, including producing or creating new shows when necessary to achieve this goal.
- Chrysalis shall do everything in its power to ensure that no participant is ever turned away due to financial issues. We shall seek donations, grants, and other means of funding to provide scholarships, a dance shoe/dance clothing fund, etc.
Facilities And Technology
- All Chrysalis activities and the facilities used for them shall be fully compliant with ADA laws.
- Chrysalis will not use strobe lighting effects that can cause problems for people with light sensitivity.
- Chrysalis will provide reasonable accommodations for people that need them. We would like to become an industry leader in providing accommodations that allow equal opportunities for all youth. We shall strive to consult regularly with experts in the various communities we are seeking to reach, in order to better understand how we can better serve these communities.
- Chrysalis shall strive to make performances accommodating to people with particular needs, including options like performances with sign-language interpreters, performances with open-captioning, performances with assistive listening devices, sensory-friendly performances, audio-described performances, accommodation for service animals, subsidized tickets for those who need them, etc.
- Chrysalis shall provide reasonable accommodations for students who are unable to attend rehearsals for medical reasons, including providing either a video live-stream of each rehearsal, or a video recording of each rehearsal.
- Chrysalis shall strive to bring theatre experiences to those who cannot come to us, including people in hospitals, people in senior-care facilities, incarcerated youth, people who are home-bound due to health challenges, people who lack transportation to our events, people who have been affected by natural disasters, etc. This can be achieved through various methods, including video streams, digital learning content, and outreach events where we physically bring experiences to those who need them.
- Chrysalis will do everything in its power to reach out to under-served communities to ensure that those kids are aware that Chrysalis will always have an open door and a helping hand for them, so that they can participate if they want to.
- We shall seek to find staff with unique skills and gifts for working with under-served communities (I.E. people who can speak different languages, hopefully including sign language, people with experience/training in working with people with disabilities, etc).
- All of our leadership positions will be filled using equal opportunity employment practices.
- Our program will be evaluated on a regular basis to ensure that these policies are being fulfilled.